Best-Ever Breakfast- Raspberry Baked Oats Recipe
Flapjacks for breakfast, anyone? My head says yes but my Joni Jeans say no, so thankfully, this recipe for raspberry baked oats does MORE than suffice.
Oats are amazing. Blitz them, you've got flour. Cook them, you've got porridge. Bake them, you've got cake. They seem to be the only carb nowadays in our spinach-is-a-worthy-substitute-for-bread society that gets a good reception. Filling, bound to keep you going in the morning, and when paired with the right ingredients they taste second to none!
The best thing about this recipe- you won't find yourself having a 7am onesie dash to Tesco for ingredients. I can almost guarantee you already have them- and that's coming from a Uni student. The only portion of modern civilisation that are praised for surviving on Oreos, reduced Samosas, and, on Student Loan day, Gregg's.
You will need:
-1 small strawberry or raspberry yoghurt (or 100g from a larger tub)
-Few drops of vanilla extract/essence
-Handful of frozen raspberries
-Pinch of baking powder
-1 teaspoon of sugar or sweetner (optional)
-Small baking dish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°.
2. Mix together the oats and the egg until combined. Add in the yoghurt and mix again.
3. Add the vanilla extract, baking powder and sugar/sweetner (if using) and mix.
4. Stir in the raspberries and transfer to the baking dish.
5. Bake for 45 minutes. By this point it should be golden on top, but if not, continue baking in 5 minute bursts, it should never take more than an hour.
6. Let cool for a few minutes and tuck in!
Please tag me on instagram if you make this recipe, or come up with any fun variations- there's loads you can try!