Best-Ever Breakfast #2: Healthy Caramel Banana Bread
The baked oats trend is one that I've really grown to love, so why not take it a step further and bake an entire loaf?
This recipe only needs 5 basic ingredients, it's vegan, refined sugar free and ridiculously easy. You don't even have to flavour it with caramel, (but you should definitely try it.)
Ingredients (makes 3-4 portions):
-160g rolled oats
-2 bananas (about 200g altogether)
-275ml almond/soy/cow's milk (whatever your preference!)
-1 teaspoon salted caramel flavouring (but add more if you like!)
-Splash of vanilla extract
-Blueberries or raspberries
-Sprinkle of brown sugar on top
1. Line your loaf tin with baking parchment and preheat the oven to180°C.
2. Mash or puree the bananas and mix them with the oats.
3. Add the milk and flavouring and combine.
4. If using any optional ingredients, stir them in now. (I often add berries because they're even more delicious when baked!)
5. Pour mixture into the loaf tin and bake in your preheated oven until browned on top. This will usually take about an hour but check it after 40 minutes.
6. Cut into slices and serve warm or cold with your favourite toppings- nut butter, fruit, chocolate spread...get creative!
Enjoy! If you make this recipe please share it on instagram and tag me- @kmxllender ! I'd love to see <3